Sherwood Elementary offers a Two-Way Dual Language Immersion Program beginning in Prekindergarten.
This is an enriched education program that focuses on the development of two languages, Spanish and English, for the purpose of instruction. The classes are composed of native English-speakers and native Spanish-speakers.
This program teaches children two languages and builds a solid academic foundation for future school success. Students in the Dual Language Pre-K are prepared to continue in the Two-Way Dual Language Immersion program through fifth grade. The goal of the program is for students to be bilingual and biliterate by the end of fifth grade. At the end of fifth grade students are given the opportunity to take a Spanish credit-by-exam test to determine whether they may receive credit for Spanish I.
Choice Program Options for Spring Branch Families
Here are just a few of the reasons families #choose Spring Branch:
- Choice starts by choosing your neighborhood school.
- Full-Day Pre-Kindergarten
- Dual Language Programming
- Cornerstone Academy
- Westchester Academy of International Studies (WAIS)
- Spring Branch Academic Institute
- KIPP Courage College Prep Landrum
- Yes Prep Northbrook Middle
- Yes Prep Northbrook High
- The Harold D. Guthrie Center for Excellence (The Guthrie Center)
- The Academy of Choice (AOC)
Click here to learn more about CHOICE in SBISD.