This Week's Library/Backpack Resource Challenge
Epic and Sora Sweet Reads - see the challenge here
Your student has the Digital Backpack. Now you need to get into Sherwood's digital resources. Start here.
Here are some links and instructions:
- Clever - Click on the button to the right - here you can access all of Sherwood's databases and library resources
- You can find the instructions HERE
- Capstone Free Books - These are 26 free books that Capstone is making available for all students.
- You can access them HERE.
- For Sherwood's Capstone books, please go through the Clever portal.
- ABDO All Digital Access - ABDO has given free access to ALL of their digital products, including all modules of Abdo Zoom until May 31st, 2020.
- You can access them HERE.
- For Sherwood's ABDO books, please go through the Clever portal.
- To use the Sora App:
- For the Overdrive App:
- Please refer to the website: https://help.overdrive.com/en-us/categories/getting-started.htm
- Contact Harris County Public Library for Tumblebooks, ebooks, and audio books.
- Contact Houston Public Library for Tumblebooks, ebooks and audio books.
Welcome to Our Library!
Check out our new interface in Destiny here - Sherwood Destiny Discover!
Sherwood has a beautiful library that stays very busy. We have a wonderful book collection as well as professional support materials and state of the art technology.
The library is available to students and staff from 7:00 am until 3:30 pm each school day. The library is open to parents from 8:00 am to 3:30 pm.
All students visit the library each week, and 1st - 5th grades check out books for the week and return the books the next library day, usually a week later. Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten come to the library for Read-aloud and related activities. As the year progresses and more library skills are acquired, Kindergarten classes will begin checking out books.
Parents can check to see which books are checked out by their student in Destiny. The student uses their regular log-in and clicks on the "My Info" tab.
Students are expected to take their books home and read each night. Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten should read the literacy materials in their literacy bags. The suggestion for the primary grades (First and Second grades) is to read to or with their parents/guardians for at least 20 minutes each night. We encourage third, fourth, and fifth grade students to read independently for at least 30 minutes each night.
In order to minimize loss of library books, we suggest that students keep their books in their backpacks. To access Destiny, please click here.
Need more information?
Please contact Mrs. Elizabeth Meshkoff.
Phone: (713) 251-6900
Please use the Clever portal below to access Sherwood's research databases for students.